Things are just starting to slow down a bit here at Reno Mini Maker Faire headquarters and we wanted to take a moment to look back to all the awesomeness that happened this past Saturday in gorgeous downtown Reno.
- It was another hot one!
- Seems like no matter what day or month we decide to hold our faire on, the heat insists on making an appearance. Luckily, there was lots of water and sunscreen to go around and the fun activities and presentations in The Discovery provided a great afternoon heat escape!
- The makers came out in force!
- We had a total of 58 makers (nearly double the number of last year!) and they were as diverse as they were educational and inspiring. From electric dirt bikes and art cars to robots and yarn arts – there was something for everyone this year!
- We had 10 presentations!
- We felt incredibly lucky to have 10 fantastic presentations at this year’s faire. We were able to learn from local experts on topics ranging from patents and science to reupholstering and Bohemian beauty diys! Let us know what you’d like to learn about in a presentation or workshop next year at the faire!
- The Reno-Sparks community came to play!
- We had over 750 attendees this year and we know it’s only going to get bigger and better! If you came, be sure to shoot us an email letting you know what you liked and what you want to see at the faire in the future! And be sure to spread the word: we want to make this Reno’s premier family festival full of hands-on diy-ing, learning, sharing, and having fun!
Thanks again to our amazing sponsors and to everyone who came out to play with us last weekend! We want you to know how much we appreciate your support and how much we love creating a platform for all the amazing makers in the Reno-Sparks area to come and share their knowledge and passions!